In 2015, the Twin Ports Genealogical Society compiled detailed information on the cemetery. The results can be found here.
On May 2, 2012, the Town Board adopted rules relating to the operation of its cemetery. The cemetery is located at the junction of Midway Road and Seville Road, a short distance south of the Intersection of Midway Road and U.S. Highway 53.
Canosia Township, incorporated in 1888, lacked a burial ground until land was donated in the early 1890's. Some of Canosia's immigrant pioneers, along with residents of Grand Lake and Fredenberg, (formerly incorporated with Canosia) are buried here. The first cemetery ledgers were destroyed in the 1918 Forest Fire but subsequent town clerks reconstructed the listing. Some WPA funding in the 1930's and 1940's allowed the town to add a few improvements.
Cost of a burial plot is $100 for residents of Canosia Township and $400 for non-residents. If a family wishes to reserve a cemetery plot the charge will be $500 for residents and $1000 for non-residents.
BASKETS/FLOWERS - Live or artificial flowers and plants are allowed on gravesites from May 20th to September 15th, as long as they are in regulation cemetery baskets or vases. See Section 6, S. in the Cemetery rules for more information.